Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after fixing my dodgy solenoid 3 weeks ago, suspension has been lovely !! Then saturday morning, jump in start her up and hear a very distressed sounding compressor !! Aagghh. Checked it all through The compressor runs but after a while the little intake hose changes from sucking to blowing. Cant figure out what the solenoid pilot valve does??? Is this a by-pass for start up?? i think the piston ring, which looks like its made of carbon, is worn out and passing when the pressure becomes to great i.e. the car gets higher. Has any one had a similer problem/solution. any one know who makes the compressor??

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had continual problems with the air suspension. Solenoids, rear axle sensors and the compressor. I have refitted the piston seal, unseized the rotor because the piston cam was binding, and even rebilt the cam because it split, Why? because M-B want £750+VAT for a new one. I now have an old one from another frustrated air owner who has changed to springs!!
My current and succesful solution, go to your local pneumatics dealer and get a 5mm Tee connector, get a long tyre inflation valve from your local tyre depot and remove the rubber leaving a brass tube. If you have the facility turn the tube to 5mm otherwise find someone who can, it needs a fine finish!. Insert the tyre valve and the two inflation pipes to the tee and blow up your suspension from a high pressure air line. Mine has been up and running for a fortnight with no leakage and it drives well.

·
Registered
2007 W221 Brabus D6 III S320 CDi LWB, 2003 W220 500LWB & 1999 W202 240 Elegance Auto
168 Posts
What is the air pressure & I was thinking of using the valve to let the suspension down for disabled access,the compressor is working ok but it only pumps up (it was an optional extra for a switch to lower the back )unless someone has the way to put a switch on to reverse the compressor.
Alan[^]

·
Registered
13 Posts
The pressure is around 100psi.

I am still playing with the second hand compressor sled I got from e-bay so I may even have a solution to your venting requirement soon!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts