Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just got rear air shocks replaced (Bilstein B4) they blew up within 20 minutes ride. Help !!!!!!:

W220 Moderator
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

That is not really a lot of information to go on, for a "blind" internet Diagnosis !!

Cheers Dave

Registered
Agreed!

There are folks on here who can probably help you - but you need to give us a lot more information. A detailed, specific description of the situation is the minimum starting point.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Scotty
Got shocks installed,(rear) ,10 minutes later notice back of the car running stiff then I pushed the button to raise the car seconds after the rear shocks blew up one after another .

Registered
Were the shocks brand new Bilstein from a reputable source? What does the vendor say about the failure?

Did the rear of the car raise an excessive amount before the failure?

Why were the shocks replaced?

Registered
So, this was done by a shop? You sure those were Bilstein shocks and not some cheap-o "made in China" ones that they stuck on there to try to fleece you? I assume that now that the rear springs went kablooey, that the car's rear is sitting on the tires, is that the case?

Registered
Possible

If they didn't reconnect the level sensor then the system will keep pumping air
until they blow up.

Definitely go back to the shop, I can't imagine that their warranty would be less than 1 day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts