Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to hand shovel part of my drive, to get my 32 out that was trapping my tractor behind it. I had to plow several hundred feet of heavy sloppy glop from my drive, and took an opportunity for a photo shoot.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Ah Ha, you have to deal with snow [;)]

Just giving you a bad time. Nice picture.

I had enough of winter growing up and was happy to move out of the cold.

·
Registered
99 E300TD/02 SLK230K
152 Posts
Scruffyone - 3/14/2005 5:17 PM

I had to hand shovel part of my drive, to get my 32 out that was trapping my tractor behind it. I had to plow several hundred feet of heavy sloppy glop from my drive, and took an opportunity for a photo shoot.

I imagine the wheels like to spin.

Just a little.

[:p]

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I looked a lot like that......

When I was stationed up at Hanscom Field in Bedford/Lincoln, Mass. Unfortunetly I didn't have such a nice car, I was driving an A-H Sprite....[:D]
Damn I hate the cold anymore.......[B)][;)]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scruffyone - 3/15/2005 10:06 AM

BlueBenz - 3/15/2005 9:39 AM

Is that Chewbacca behind the wheel of the SLK [:D][:D]
Close.
There is a reason for the Scruffyone name.
It’s curious that you chose that name, as I have a friend in Ohio that sometimes calls me “Wooki�, and he is referring to Cewbacca.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: I looked a lot like that......

Bruce R. - 3/15/2005 11:10 AM

When I was stationed up at Hanscom Field in Bedford/Lincoln, Mass. Unfortunetly I didn't have such a nice car, I was driving an A-H Sprite....[:D]
Our winter weather in SE Ma is usually tempered by the Gulf Stream. Most snow storms end with rains that take most of the snow with it. Not this year. This has been a brutal winter.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts

Our winter weather in SE Ma is usually tempered by the Gulf Stream. Most snow storms end with rains that take most of the snow with it. Not this year. This has been a brutal winter.
Back in 1962 the snow was so deep on the ramp that when they taxi'd the T-29's (Convairs) the props were knifing through the snow, and the nose wheels were buried so all you could see was the nose gear strut sliceing thruogh the snow like the bow of a ship. They had to wait till the ramp was partially cleared to taxi the F-102's and T-33's so they wouldn't suck snow into the intakes.
Ya, Mass. was fun in the Winter, I couldn't even find the Sprite in the parking lot, didn't know which lump it was. It's better down here, except the drivers are worse if you can imagine that....[:D] [:D] [:p]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
I know it has been a long time since I drove in snow but don't you think it is cold enough to raise the top? [;)]

BTW I like your wheels.

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts

Bruce R. - 3/15/2005 11:10 AM

Bruce, did you ever have to put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator to get the heater temps up in your Sprite in very cold weather? I did, once or twice. The reduced air flow into the engine compartment seemed to make a little difference.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Yes, I blocked off the radiator completely on a few occasions.....

The heater was the only "radiator" that was working in the car, and it bearly kept the inside sort of warm. Can't expect much from a 948 cc engine I guess.[:D]
They build bigger motorcycle engines then that car had.....[:D][:p][;)]
Snow used to blow through the radiator and melt on the distributor, thus shorting out the ignition. Wonderful engineering on that Lucas electric system.[:eek:)][B)]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts