Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 s500 i replaced the air pump n the relay n the big orangr fuse that was blown car rode good for a while now the problem has return u can here the pump run when u come up to a stop sign. i notice the rear driver side will raise sometime like now it been doing good but now my check engine light has come on. one day i cut the car off an i could here a motor running under hood i raised the hood n pulled the cover right n the front little round part that looks like a motor was running i pulled the orange fuse an replaced it a couple hrs later has not hear it again but engine light has come on could some one give me some insight on what my be going on with my car:surrender:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
First, nucor, you don't care enough to communicate in anything resembling the English language in grammar and structure; and second, you don't bother to say if you have tried to use easily available forum resources to research your problem, which has been addressed a LOT.

As a result, I don't care enough to answer, beyond this.

·
Registered
2004 S430
75 Posts
I am guessing that you are referring to the secondary air pump (under the tip of the engine cover that lifts off). This should only run for about a minute or so after start up and then it should run for a few seconds after you get the car up to temp as a test.

You want to be sure that the relay you purchased is the correct one and if it continues to run there could be a larger issue with the computer or simply a bad relay. These secondary air pumps are not designed to run for long periods of time (I found out mine was toast because the insides had heated up so much they melted through the outer shell).

Check the hose connections to the secondary air pump and ensure that the connection is solid, either buy a code reader or go to auto zone and have them read the codes, this will give you an idea of what is going on and how to address the issue.

This air pump is only for emissions purposes and has nothing to do with the airmatic, the location you described is not for the airmatic pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts