Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced my air filter on I believe a m104 motor at the shop when I got it serviced and the thing costed $60. That's a paper filter only. Not a drop in filter, its the pan that sits right of the block. The mechanic said since the parts are getting older the filters are costing more.

I was thinking of replacing this pan filter w a cone for cost efficiency but I was worried about the performance. Is it worth the change?

Is there anyway I can convert this to a box filter too? That option would also be better for me.

·
W124 Moderator
12,605 Posts
Ronald,

Sorry to say, but you were clipped by the service facility. The filters are about $30.00 and available at any on-line source. As for modifying the system.... again wasted money. The air intake for you car comes from the snorkel just to the inside of the left headlight. It can't get any better than that for fresh, cool intake air. There would be ZERO gain in performance other than "thinking" you had done better.

Learn to do this your self as there are only a few clips that need to be released to change the filter.

Good Luck,

Jayare

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I understand how to replace it myself. Wow, goes to show how desperate shops are nowadays. Is the OEM brand Mann?

·
W124 Moderator
12,605 Posts
Six of one, half dozen of another. I do think they are Mann, but go to autohausaz.com or autopartsplace.com

Good Luck,

Jayare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts