Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W211 E55 AMG
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had or know any W211 E55 owners that have installed, or used Fabtech-Performance's Aluminum Cold Air Induction Intakes on their W211 E55? is it worth the HP gain? Is it a good DIY? Or should install be handled by professionals with shop?

·
Premium Member
05 E55
6 Posts
We carry that intake if you need it. Same exact thing for $670 it works great we did on a S55 E55 sl55. And you feel good difference. Comes chrome or any color powder coated for extra charge and you can choose 3 differ ent color for the silicone couplers blue. Red or black. Let me know. Thnx

·
Registered
2004 W211 E55 AMG
15 Posts
Considering the same as much for the aesthetics as the HP gain. The Fabtech looks great and would I imagine be a boost for resale.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
05 E55
6 Posts
INTAKE

Has anyone had or know any W211 E55 owners that have installed, or used Fabtech-Performance's Aluminum Cold Air Induction Intakes on their W211 E55? is it worth the HP gain? Is it a good DIY? Or should install be handled by professionals with shop?

Yes they work good you feel more power and we do carry them and install them at our shop.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The spectre canisters used in the intakes being discussed in this thread are good for stock m113k motors and lightly modified m113k motors. The cone filters in the canisters are good for @250 hp per side. they are tiny filters......even the 5" option. Looks and sounds good, though.....

*On the dyno, I gained @4 rwhp with the Fabtech intake (only mod was a supercharger pulley by Eurocharged). You need to tell the company making the intake if you have a factory throttle body or larger 82mm+ for the y-pipe. Another thing to consider is that you have to install a nipple in your intake for your crankcase ventilation hose. When I was putting more than 500hp to the wheels, the dyno showed the engine was starving for air with this type of intake. Then again, that is getting crazy with the modifications.

·
Registered
99 E430 sport With E55 Swap, 2005 E55 AMG
126 Posts
Can you post some pics

·
Premium Member
05 E55
6 Posts
Thnx We are in the process of making better Y pipes as some were really tight by the firewall so those are in the process as well will keep you updated.:)

·
Registered
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited / 2005 SRT-6
32 Posts
Thnx We are in the process of making better Y pipes as some were really tight by the firewall so those are in the process as well will keep you updated.:)
Been trying to find a Y-pipe similar to the Needswings silicone Y with no success. I ordered one of the Fabtech Y-pipes but immediately returned it because of the extremely poor quality fab. Steve refunded me and admitted the part was sent out before final finish and quality check, which states bad business practices. Still, the part had very shoddy welds and awfully thin metal plus the throttle body opening was not round but oblong.

If I could find a well fabricated Y I would guarantee a dozen sales right off the bat. Being able to get them color coated would be a major plus! :D

·
Registered
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited / 2005 SRT-6
32 Posts
Well, I got tired of waiting. Bought a used SL55 "Y" and finished her up.

·
Premium Member
05 E55
6 Posts
Hey bro sorry our computer was stolen with all our info in it so i couldnt access any accounts. Let me know if you need anything else also we have moved to Thousand oaks CA new number is 805-777-8999 Thnx

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
Kind of a lot of expense and work for such minimal performance gains? The real gains are to be had with the euro market Supersprint full exhaust with stainless headers, metal cats, resonators and rear mufflers. They are very pricey but worth it (about $10K for the full setup) Just my opinion..

·
Registered
S55
140 Posts
Just came across this through google, i would recommend the recently announced Beromda B18x, sounds more promising than the conventional vrp designs :|

1 - 19 of 19 Posts