Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Air injector bypass valve

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeffrimerman 
#1 ·
I read a post which mentioned it is 90% of the reason Maf sensors go bad, so when I bought a new maf sensor I also bought a new valve. Changing the maf was easy, but how do I remove the old valve. It is easy to take of the hose on top of it, but it is screwed into something. My guess is that I need a special tool to unscrew valve. Does anyone know for sure what I need to remove old air injector bypass valve? Thanx in advance fer da help.

#2 ·
Well, I don't know about that one but did you ever find out what was causing that lean code on your car from before? Do you think the air injector bypass valve is the problem? Let us know if you have your hesitation problem fixed yet.

#3 ·
Here is link to a picture, that shows the bottom of the valve.

http://
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1187778&posts=8&hl=Injector

As you can see from your new one, it does indeed screw in.

The size of the open end wrench required was larger than my set had (about 27mm), so I just used an adjustable.

#4 ·
RE: Here is link to a picture, that shows the bottom of the valve.

The place where the valve screws in is bolted to the car. Did you have to unscrew it so you can lift it high enough to get an adjustable wrench around it? I was thinking of getting one of the open end wrenches that only have the end and have a square hold so I can use an extension with a wratchet. I can't spell anymore due to too much spellchecker[:0]

#7 ·
Jeff,

I just took my exhaust manifold off yesterday and in the process too the bypass valve off as well. It was very tightly screwed into the pipe, so I removed the pipe from the bottom of the engine with a 1 inch wrench. Then took the small mounting bolt that held the pipe near the valve. I then was able to take the assembly to the bench where I seperated the two using a vise for the pipe and a pipe wrench for the valve.

My valve could be blown through in both directions. So it is bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.