Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK320, 2007 BMW K1200R
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for new air filters, what do you guys prefer? Should I go with the K&N's or do they heat up the engine?

Im okay with going for OEM's or whatever.

My actualy question is where can I get them for a good price online?

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to make something else clear before I buy one online and get screwed.

I went to both Bennett and Auto Discount store and they gave me an airfilter that was wrong.

I need 2 smaller air filters that go on each side, the air filter that they presented me with was basically the 2 that I need but together made into a big air filter.

Who has a 2001 SLK320?? anyone else experience this problem? This is why I wanted to buy online

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
FYI about KO, there shipping is slow so if your not in a hurry no problem. Your contact person for KO is Sherwin, very nice person to deal with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh KO is good to go! They have the 2 piece air filter! Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW you were so right about KO Performance. com's slow shipping!

I live no more than 40 miles away from their warehouse, I still havent received the item! how long could it take from Miami to Boca Raton.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
I think i mentioned in one of my post's that they don't house the items in FL. all of the stuff come's from the CA. warehouse. Call the number and ask for sherwin, nice guy and will help you out. Tell him you got his link from a forum, that might motivate him some.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW, I do not want to make a bad comment about KO Performance - High End Import Performance and OEM Parts, car parts yet but this is getting a little over the top.

I bought the item on what the 5th or the 6th? Its the 19th and past delivery time today, I still havent received it!! I checked the warehouse address, its 40 miles away from me! I guess Fedex ran out of gas or something for 13 days?

I sent an email out friday asking for the tracking #, I havent received a response either for 3 days now!

I just sent another email out if I dont get a response back by tomorrow 5:30, Im pulling my money out and will let everyone know to stay away from that site!

Why did you recommend that site out of all of them out there?!?! haha :p

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
If you need parts fast, try German Star, he's a mod on the site, and ships as fas as anyone I have ever come across. He and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but business is business, and that is something he is good at.

Try this: Mercedes Benz Maintenance Parts

He should have the parts, but if not, well I tried.... :)

Tell him I sent you, it should be good for a laugh... :big laugh:

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Do this and you might not get your parts - or maybe you will recieve a big steaming pile of... ;)
:D I think he's a better man than that, after all he needs the money, it's his only income...... and he is a mod, it wouldn't look good nor could he expect that word wouldn't get around in one big hurry. :D :D :D

GS is is a good guy, like I said we just don't see eye to eye on some things.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320, Magna Red/Siam Beige int. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off!
15 Posts
All:

For the record, I ordered mine from AutoZone. Had them there in two days and seems like it was just over $30. No problems. On the car and humming away... Also, picked up the fuel filter there, $50.

BTW, car was running rough, so I had the injectors cleaned which helped, but still stumbled some, then replaced fuel filter. Now runs great. The FF definitely helped!

Bryan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BEWARE OF KOPERFORMANCE.COM

DAY 14, past delivery time, nothing received!

2nd email attempt, no response!

phone call, no response!

Im calling my card co.

What else can i do. hah

BEWARE OF KOPerformance.com guys. I didnt want to talk sh*t but this is just too damn retarded. Getting a nice guy like me mad, I dunno how they do business!

I should have listen to you, brother!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow they didnt even question me, or tell me a dispute needs to open, I guess koperformance.com is on the list of scammers? Money is already deposited back! took less than 2 hours. Wachovia all the way. It wasnt even credit, it was debit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts