Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2001 slk320 Sport
126 Posts
Sorry bud , I don't think anybody here knows how to get the cover off .I saw couple posts before and it's supposed to have four clips that you have to pry out .I only saw 2 clips and something looks like the intake body ,I'll try to take it off again latter ,good luck .

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
I have replaced my air filter and it has 2 pull locks around it and 2 notches. pull em up side em over a bit and the whole top comes up. Pull out the old, put in the new reseat, reclamp and ur done. Did you have a specific question?

·
Registered
2001 slk320 Sport
126 Posts
Mike , we have the 320 not the 230 .The engine cover is the one we have trouble with .I can't get the damn thing out and I search the whole forum but no one knows.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Err am I missing the point. The 320 cover just lifts off on mine.

You need to pull the intake hoses from the front first and then it lifts straight up. Once its off their is a filter on each side which is accessed from the underside of the cover (think you need to remove some screws from memory).

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
This is the best I can do.

http://www.mercedesforum.com/m_2270/tm.htm

I will keep looking.

[8D]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
I can look up the procedure for you this evening. It would help if you gave me the model number and engine number. As in, my model is 170.449 and my engine is 111.983.

alldatadiy.com can be a lot of help on these types of repairs. For $25 per year you get a lot of information about your car, service bulletins, and Mercedes parts numbers. For some parts there are detailed location pictures given and exploded diagrams. Some parts have installation instructions, too.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
I found this: http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3623&hl=

not sure which model it is for. [8D]

·
Registered
26 Posts
TLC320 yep thats it. As per my earlier post you pull off the intake pipes x 2 and lift up the cover then remove the screws on each of the 2 filters.

Changing the filters should be around a 15 minute job max.

·
Registered
2001 slk320 Sport
126 Posts
Thanks a bucnh guys , I really appreciate the help very much , finally I can take this apart after a year of driving [:D]

·
Registered
2001 slk320 Sport
126 Posts
I didn't have any problem cleaning the filters yesterday ,I just tap out the dust and reinstalled.I did find a leak maybe from the oil cap ,anybody has the same leak? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered a pair of air filters from a place on the internet that sells them for $64. They only sent me 1 filter the first time, so I called back to ask for the other one. The next shipment I got, they sent me two more pairs! I now have $90 worth of free air filters!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts