Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For lack of a better name, the blub behind the dial that directs the air to the differing vents has burned out and I would appreciate advice on how to get the dead bulb out.

(and PS: I DID search the archive without success)

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I believe you'll need to take the complete unit out. The bulbs are secured in a little clip, so be carefull not to snap these. I have always left this operation to my workshop (cause I'm lazy) but if you are mechanically minded then I'm sure you could manage.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
If it is like other cars I have dealt with it is a huge PITA. But not particularly difficult.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlueBenz - 3/2/2005 8:36 AM

I believe you'll need to take the complete unit out. The bulbs are secured in a little clip, so be carefull not to snap these. I have always left this operation to my workshop (cause I'm lazy) but if you are mechanically minded then I'm sure you could manage.
How do you take the unit out? My vision must be going as I can't figure out how to remove anything...

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
144 Posts
You can pull the knob off with pliers to get to the bulb. Use some tape or rubber to protect the knob form the pliers. You have to pull hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts