Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
clk 320 2000 model
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
air cond not working, the compressor is not turning have had gas checked and it is full of gas any other ideas thanks
w208 clk320

·
Registered
Mercedes S320 CDI 2007
111 Posts
If it is that the red EC light stays on (which means that the compressor does not run at all) - then it may just need to be reset. Mine needed this after a re-gas a few weeks ago.

The procedure is simple to DIY, just hold down a few buttons on the aircon unit to reset the light - then all may work as normal.

Search this site for EC light reset until you find the eaxct procedure.

Matt

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 2010 S550 4matic
532 Posts
Do this procedure. First put the key in the second positiion - do not start the car. Jack the driver temp to high and the passenger to low. Press and hold both the EC and REST buttons at the same time. This will enter the climate diag mode. Press the right auto buttom when the screen blanks out on the climate control. It will run a diag. Report back the error codes. you get each but pressing the right auto button.

If the first code is FF then there are no error codes.

·
Registered
clk 320 2000 model
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks
my car is a 2000 model it does not have the new display it has the old wheels u turn to red white or blue

·
Registered
Mercedes S320 CDI 2007
111 Posts
Give more details then pls - how do you know the compressor is not running? Any lights / errors to see from the display in the car? Symptoms from setting the car on hot / cold? Your location? Is the ambient air outside the car below 3 degrees centigrade? Did it used to work / suddenly not?

Mat

·
Registered
clk 320 2000 model
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks
i can either have the red light on or off
i know when the red light is on the air not working

·
Registered
clk 320 2000 model
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
dont know if it ever worked at all only had it since april
you can see the compressor is not running, had the gas checked it was full
im in sydney and its not cold here
i did get new temp gauge in dash
also had a flat battery would this have stopped the air

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
883 Posts
hey stim

Do this procedure. First put the key in the second positiion - do not start the car. Jack the driver temp to high and the passenger to low. Press and hold both the EC and REST buttons at the same time. This will enter the climate diag mode. Press the right auto buttom when the screen blanks out on the climate control. It will run a diag. Report back the error codes. you get each but pressing the right auto button.

If the first code is FF then there are no error codes.
can you help me with my error codes if i get them to you? I have no red light on but my ac is not blowing.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
13 Posts
We discussed a/c diagnostic error codes for W208 & W209 a few months ago here.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w209-clk-class/1531354-c-help-help-help.html
We have a 2000 CLK 320 with the EC light illuminated on the Climate Control Unit, I have run the diagnostics and found that I have two codes that were not in the error code list: 42 and 43. The values are as follows 42 = 232 and 43 = 14. This past summer I filled the system with R134 refrigerant as the system has a front seal leak in the compressor and I have not replaced it yet. Within hours of recharging the system, it no longer blew cold air and the EC light came on. I have yet to purchase the service manual simply because MB wants too much for it.

I cross-posted this to the 209 forum as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Rick_V

1 - 11 of 11 Posts