Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should these 2 wires be plugged into where the fuse is? why would someone do this? could it have adverse affects?

also i was wondering what the fusible link looking thing was at the bottom, i found out it also has to do with the fan.....how do i know if it is bad?

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Those wires turn on the auxiliary fan based on pressure in your AC system, by placing a fuse there the PO was ensuring that the aux fan runs whenever the AC is on. not really hurting anything to be like this, it could be that your pressure switch is bad, and that is why the shortcut.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only when the ac is on? my ac doesnt work, i think its empty also.
will this fuse affect the fans (both) under normal (ac off) operation?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
only when the ac is on? my ac doesnt work, i think its empty also.
will this fuse affect the fans (both) under normal (ac off) operation?
If you bridge the contacts on the temp switch with a screwdriver, you can check to see if it still works. The temp switch on the head, I mean.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have purchased that 3 pin sensor, replaced it and no difference, when i jump the 2 closer pins both fans turn on, but they will not turn on on their own.
After tearing the whole thing apart, i realize there are probably 4 or 5 other sensors/switches that are associated with the coolant temps and or fans. the dash temp. guage works; so that sensor (whichever it is) is good.

which other one should i look at. my head blew because of overheating, because my fans didnt turn on....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a three pin temperature sensor go bad a while back, took out the fan clutch and the auxiliary fan too.

Cheap and easy to replace and as Nfsjunkie91 said, jump the wires to test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts