Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 1985 190E, and I am having trouble with the a/c. I am pretty sure that the a/c is not broken, and that I only have to change the fan. I was hoping that someone here could offer me some assistance or tips on how to replace only the fan.

Thank you.

Selma C.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
The blower fan is located under the engine hood, beneath the windshield wiper mechanism. To be replaced, the hood is placed in the vertical position, the wiper arm and motor are removed and then the metal straps that hold the blower cover is unlatched. Once the cover is off, the motor w/fan cages, can be removed and replaced.

The toughest part of the job is the location of the blower motor, dead center under the windshield, so it's a bending over job, best done standing on something sturdy to clear the fender. Getting the metal straps loose is no picnic either.

·
Registered
1985 2.3 16v euro
35 Posts
that's hilarious mine just started the screeching today and i ordered a used part already.
this might sound stupid, but make sure you don't leave any leaves or foreign items inside the blower case, trust me on this!
PS MTI, where do you find all this stuff ( pictures and info?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts