Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of late when it comes time to turn on the heating or air-con,if it dose work, will.<br>
<br>
i think the problem is with the blower.<br>
<br>
Sometimes i will turn the dial to full power and get nothing.<br>
Other times it will come on as normal and work fine but in a space of 5-10 mins the fan speed will get lower and lower untill nothing. (it happens so slowly that u dont notice it untill its compleetly off.<br>
<br>
we paid AUD$1700 on a new air-con system 3 months ago.<br>
<br>
any help<br>
thanks louis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: air- con WILL work , but then WON

Sounds normal actually - the Benz climate control will vary temp and fan speed to acheive the cabin temperature. The quirky thing about the 300's climate control is it seems to be either blasting all the time or barely blowing. As I say this is normal behavior for these.<br> <br> Does the cabin cool off? Or is it quiting before? You were not clear in your post on this.<br> <br> Also buy some contact cleaner from radio shack and hose all the potentiometers down in the dash. (thumbwheel controls). You can pop the wood trim off to get a little better accsess to them. Use a lot of it because it will be hard to get in. Also run the thumbwheels up and down through the range as you do this to work the cleaner in. <br> <br> Hope this helps...<br> <br> Will

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: air- con WILL work , but then WON

tes the cabin cools off and doesnt heat up again, and when its raining the window fogs up and i have to pull over to the side of the road.<br> <br> basicly it only works sometimes, when it does turning on the blower to full power is easy, uthink its fixed, but over 5-10 mins it just slowly fades out till nothing.<br> <br> i dont think that my 300d is programed to turn its self on and off to regulate.<br> <br> i know the compressor dose it on hot days but the blower (when it worked) would remain the same.<br> <br> <br> <br> 'Also buy some contact cleaner from radio shack and hose all the potentiometers down in the dash. (thumbwheel controls). You can pop the wood trim off to get a little better accsess to them. Use a lot of it because it will be hard to get in. Also run the thumbwheels up and down through the range as you do this to work the cleaner in. '<br> im not sure what u mean here, in fact i dont understand any of it.<br> <br> i hate to ask 'could u dumb it down a bit?'<br> thanks <br> louis<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: air- con WILL work , but then WON

I know I'm a year late and a dollar short, but I have a similar problem which is fixable by turning the ignition key back just a hair after starting. I was baffled because the blower would come on at start and sometimes at shutdown then at random times while driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.