Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1998 S280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that air-con should always be used with re-circulate ON, yet on the climate control system it seems to turn re-circulate on and off itself (mostly off).

Any ideas?

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
Recirculate A/C

Recirculate mode will do exactly that, it will not take in any fresh air from the exterior. In the auto-mode it will switch to that mode to permit rapid cool down and then go back to normal.

· Registered
Current: '14 S550, '99 S500, '10 Prius; Previous: '93 400SEL, '98 Corolla
105 Posts
Have you looked at your user manual? I think the recirculate mode shuts off after about 30 minutes or so (can't remember off the top of my head) each time you turn it on. I can't recall it switching itself back on. You have to manually turn recirc on.

I was under the impression that air-con should always be used with re-circulate ON, yet on the climate control system it seems to turn re-circulate on and off itself (mostly off).

Any ideas?

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
You are right, it won't stay on forever. Shut off by itself after X amount of time with A...

You are right, it won't stay on forever. Shut off by itself after X amount of time with A/C on or off. Say you stop right behind a bus or truck, turn it on. Then you don't have to smell the fume from them.

· Registered
1998 S280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indicator

When the climate control switches recirculate on/off automatically, does the LED indicator light, or does the system switch on/off in the background?

My indicator never seems to light up itself, but it sounds like the switching is happening sometimes (in high temperatures).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.