Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 320, C350 CDI
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How loud is your blower when the recircle is on? Mine seems very loud sort of a wind tunnel drone. and as it goes to this setting by default somtimes until a certain temp is reached and can't be swiched off it is very anoying.

·
Registered
SLK 320, C350 CDI
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never use the recirc button but it cuts in on its own and stays on for about 5min then goes to normal. It seems to happen on start up or when you make a big temp change, is this right?

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
142 TPL - 4/17/2006 2:14 AM

I never use the recirc button but it cuts in on its own and stays on for about 5min then goes to normal. It seems to happen on start up or when you make a big temp change, is this right?
Dont know about coming on start up, may be a UK programming thimg. But yes will turn off after 5 to 8 minutes.

Bazzle

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
My re-circ is quite loud, but not annoying. and the fact its only on for a few minutes is OK. I normally only use it when driving thro tunnels or following smokey trucks, so the outside noise level is normally increased to !

·
Registered
SLK200 '97 nov
478 Posts
actually on the other hand, does anyone knows how to set it such that the recircling air con is on for default until i choose to turn it off? for mine, it is always off, unless i want it on; and over here in Asia, we need it on ALL THE TIME!!

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
I never use the recirculation button, but from the manual it looks like it shuts itself off after a certain amount of time depending on conditions.

I tried to upload a picture from the manual but it's not working (again). The info is on page 91 of my owner's manual.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts