Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 s500 sedan
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there iam new to forum,my name is Rene i just like to say good day from south aussie mate. i have a slight issuse with my s500l 96 model, when the air con engages theres a slight rattle sound for 3 to 5 seconds which then goes away.i have had the air con checked for gas being low all ok. air con is cold and works ok ,only here noise when conppresser engenges.rattles seems to be around right bank rocker cover area,looking from front of car, any ideas before i start pulling bits off.i have replaced serentine belt, car has done 90,000 miles and has been serviced mostly form mercedes dealers up until now.which i will do most work on car. cheers with regards Rene.

·
Registered
1983 230 E (sold) , 1991 600 SEL (sold) , 1993 300 SE (sold)
505 Posts
Welcome Rene, I had the same problem with my car left hand drive. Basicly when you look at the car from the front on the left hand side (lhd) in the corner next to the computer, you have a hard plastic cover, you take that off, you should see a filter, you remove that under the filter there is a fan, im not sure what it does im not mechanically inclined. The problem with my car was that fan, it gotten a bit loose somehow and started making the rattle at first it was just 3-5 seconds after some days-weeks it was a constant rattle. I took it to a mechanic and they replaced, bearing or something :) got it back perfect. I hope some of the more mechanically inclined members can help you, i just wanted to share my experience with the problem. Hope that it helps in some way :)

·
Registered
96 s500 sedan
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Rene, I had the same problem with my car left hand drive. Basicly when you look at the car from the front on the left hand side (lhd) in the corner next to the computer, you have a hard plastic cover, you take that off, you should see a filter, you remove that under the filter there is a fan, im not sure what it does im not mechanically inclined. The problem with my car was that fan, it gotten a bit loose somehow and started making the rattle at first it was just 3-5 seconds after some days-weeks it was a constant rattle. I took it to a mechanic and they replaced, bearing or something :) got it back perfect. I hope some of the more mechanically inclined members can help you, i just wanted to share my experience with the problem. Hope that it helps in some way :)
thanks i will have look early next week cheers Rene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts