Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My air con isnt working on my V220 and having read through many threads for advice, I have now found that the clutch doesnt seem to be engaging on the end of the compressor.
Is there a fuse or relay that is associated with enganging the clutch please?

Also, is there something that I should be looking at as the cause of this please? It seems I have found the problem, but am clueless to why it is happening

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add to the above ...

After lots of fiddling, I noticed that the clutch will engage if I unplug the plug on top of the silver cylinder (approx 3 inches x 10 inches) which sits just inside the top of the engine bay (I think it might be the reciever/dryer for the refridgerant circuit (??)).
When I unplug it, the clutch on the compressor kicks in and so does the main fan on the radiator. When I plug it back in, the fan stops and so does the aircon compressor clutch.

At least I now know that the clucth does work, but am still clueless to whats causing it not to function normally

Any ideas please?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just an idea, but my blower and resistor pack broke.

I fitted the new resistor pack and now when I put the air con on the fan comes on automatically. The climate control works better as well. I assume that the new pack is making it all work.

Hope this is useful.
J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.