Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
W220 S320 99
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I am driving in a rough surface and air temperature very high around 39 Celsius and car temperature 97 celsius, I got at cluster ais suspension visit workshop but i continue my trip for 150KM, when I got home at afternoon I didn't check anything. At evening i go in a trip for 300 m, the error at cluster still but during this trip I press the raise button but the car still raising whole the trip i stopped the car for 1 hour and start again so no wakeup procedure press and release the raise button but the compressor didn't engage at all.

Is it relay issue, airmatic module or compressor.

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,623 Posts
Turn ignition ON, press button to raise car, get out and go to the right front fender area and listen for the Airmatic compressor. If you hear nothing, locate the Airmatic relay, pull it from the socket, and see if you have battery power on pin 30 or 15 in the socket. If not, find out why not, starting with Fuse 32. If you have power on Fuse 32, you might try testing the relay. Some - but not all - relays have the connector pin-out printed on the case.

·
Registered
W220 S320 99
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issue fixed guys,
After checking at SDS, error code for front left ride height sensor and i have checked the voltage is out of range. So we replaced the sensor and everything is well. Thanks god.

I have a little bit question for you guys. When I am applying pneumatics test for compressor @SDS the pressure releif valave is 2.33 bar and the compressor need around 10 to 20 second to achieve 14 bar is that reading is ok or there is a sign of worn compressor

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,218 Posts
Yep, if pressure is not reached within 'green bar' in test, that means either worn comopressor, blocked compressor intake or leak somewhere between compressor to pressure reservoir.

·
Registered
W220 S320 99
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok, so time needed to achieve green bar not a sign, only if it failed to reach is the sign

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,218 Posts
Yeah, if it stops running berfore reaching green bar, it fails the test... it is written there clearly?

·
Registered
W220 S320 99
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok good, mine reach green after 10 second.
Today after recalibrate the car when I replaced the sensor, we noticed that the rear left strut raised too much more than all other struts(during calibration I put romess angle without measurements, for fronts 5.5 and for rear - 1.9) is that my issue and what must I do now.

·
W220 Moderator
6,585 Posts
14 Bar is pretty good for a used Compressor.

Guessing Calibration figures is never a good idea, many guys have screwed up their Airmatic and got it locked out playing with Cal :(

However as the rear only has one height sensor, the Airmatic Module adjusts the Rears as an average, so if the problem was Cal, both sides would be high / low, therefore if all 3 other corners are good I suspect Valve Block, or just maybe Strut ;)

HTH,

·
Registered
W220 S320 99
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 Bar is pretty good for a used Compressor.

Guessing Calibration figures is never a good idea, many guys have screwed up their Airmatic and got it locked out playing with Cal :(

However as the rear only has one height sensor, the Airmatic Module adjusts the Rears as an average, so if the problem was Cal, both sides would be high / low, therefore if all 3 other corners are good I suspect Valve Block, or just maybe Strut ;)

HTH,
Hello dave,
  1. I had fixed the issue by recalibration at SDS, since yesterday when calibrate it the car wasn't stand at horizontal level so I got it at morning and park in horizontal level, i check the levels so lift and raise the struts to a level I prefer and check the level sensor voltage to be between 2.3~2,7(below 2.6) so then I make adaptaion and choose the angles 4.8 for front and - 1.9 for rear, after that calibration successfully, wakeup/lock process enabled again and car levels satisfied.
Thank you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts