Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not realize that you must remove the turbo oil line to remove the air cleaner bracket. :mad: I had the *&^%$ thing completely unbolted, including the PITA bolt on the bottom, but could not remove it because of the oil line being in the way. Does the turbo oil line fitting use O rings or a gasket for sealing? On both ends? I did not have the replacement O rings/gasket, so I did not change the bracket. My old one is not broken, except that the rubber isolator mount holes have become ovalized from vibration, so I had to use lock nuts on the bottom to mount the shock isolator firmly.

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
Depends on what tube you are talking about. You do have to remove the "Utube" and the oil/air separator tube. Yes to O rings and yes to the "Utube" to air box and turbo seals.

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
The oil line to the turbo has a paper (or maybe rubber) flat gasket. Shouldn't be a big deal if you just take the line off the turbo, slide the bracket out, replace, and put the oil line right back on with the original gasket. Just don't mess with it. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't leak. If you need a new seal, they sell them singly and in "turbo mounting kits".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts