Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'65 404
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum...Wondering if anyone might have some info regarding the air brake booster on the 404. I've removed all of the components with exception of the hydro/air unit. Plan on using a DC powered compressor for tools, air, etc. All of the manuals are somewhat limited. Can anyone advise as to psi from the Westing House compressor? Input and out to the hydro interface? Any info would be appreciated.

C. Forrest NM

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,856 Posts
see the second post below the clutch mechanism pictures.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1183702&posts=19&fid=35

is the unit in the above pictures what you are keeping installed on your mog? If it does not leak and seems to work fine I may be interested in buying it from you.

So you plan to go with a 12v compressor instead of the belt powered one off of the engine? Why not the mog's own compressor.

Do you have a manual?

·
Registered
'65 404
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coach,

This part is not familiar. When I bought the truck it had most of the lines (air). The compressor had been removed and the main hard air line was missing. From the "T" that supplies the tire inflation unit back to the tank, anti freeze unit, etc. is where the system begins. I've maintained the unit that is oriented in the back near the tank, and this is where the hydraulic brake line enters.

At this point I'm not sure how the system works. I was under the impression that air some how increased and assisted the hydraulic pressure via this unit. I have a manual, but there is not a comprehensive list of components. I may still be missing some other parts.

Thanks for the input!

Regards, Cary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts