Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a SL600 or SL55
I'm currently shopping for the right car at the right deal.
I have heard that aftermarket warranties mostly are a sham.
Is this true?

Has any members actually used their Aftermarket warranty to handle major issues such as ABC suspension issues ,electonic/electrical issues,transmision repair,etc.?

If you could please post your experience stating name of company,issue resolved ,cost of issue and cost of warranty that would be a big help.

I thought if we could create a list of the best to the worst it would help out a lot of us here on the forums.

Thanks for your input and Happy Holidays........

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I am in the market for a SL600 or SL55
I'm currently shopping for the right car at the right deal.
I have heard that aftermarket warranties mostly are a sham.
Is this true?

Has any members actually used their Aftermarket warranty to handle major issues such as ABC suspension issues ,electonic/electrical issues,transmission repair,etc.?

If you could please post your experience stating name of company,issue resolved ,cost of issue and cost of warranty that would be a big help.

I thought if we could create a list of the best to the worst it would help out a lot of us here on the forums.

Thanks for your input and Happy Holidays........
Hi sker66 happy holidays to you too and welcome aboard.
First things first: if you are in the market for an SL55 or an SL600 and you talk about the ABC system you are in the wrong sub forum since here is the R129 section that is the previous SL generation of the one you are actually after and you should point to the R230 section.
Anyway I think I can give you a couple of hints since I own a CL500 (W215 body) that has the same ABC system found in the R230 and let me tell you if things go wrong and you don't have a warranty you'd better set the car on fire and run away.
Anyway most R230s are still under Mercedes warranty if they aren't too old so you should be pretty safe but if you go the aftermarket route remember that most of them usually only cover engine and gearbox or so so be very careful when you read the small prints. Those warranties are usually very expensive too.

Hope his helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sker66 happy holidays to you too and welcome aboard.
First things first: if you are in the market for an SL55 or an SL600 and you talk about the ABC system you are in the wrong sub forum since here is the R129 section that is the previous SL generation of the one you are actually after and you should point to the R230 section.
Anyway I think I can give you a couple of hints since I own a CL500 (W215 body) that has the same ABC system found in the R230 and let me tell you if things go wrong and you don't have a warranty you'd better set the car on fire and run away.
Anyway most R230s are still under Mercedes warranty if they aren't too old so you should be pretty safe but if you go the aftermarket route remember that most of them usually only cover engine and gearbox or so so be very careful when you read the small prints. Those warranties are usually very expensive too.

Hope his helps.

Cheers.
Thanks and have a nice christmas eve..........Geno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.