Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any aftermarket suppliers of air filters for California model W123 turbo diesels?
All the Fram or Purolator catalogs list a filter but have a footnote saying" except California models".
Is there anyone other than the dealer that sells them?

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at K&N's catalog and they didn't have a separate listing for the California model...

I looked at K&N's catalog and they didn't have a separate listing for the California model so I 'm assuming that they don't have one either. The store I was in didn't carry the filter anyway so I couldn't compare it to the filter that I need. The California model uses a canister slightly larger than a paint can to house the filter. I may just end up looking for one that is the closest match.
[V]

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
You know the W115 Chassis 300D uses a filter thats slightly longer and thinner than a pain...

You know the W115 Chassis 300D uses a filter thats slightly longer and thinner than a paint can. Maybe it would fit? I have to take a look at it.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The filter canister in my Cal version is larger and taller than a paint can. I looked at...

The filter canister in my Cal version is larger and taller than a paint can. I looked at the possibility of other Benz models but no match so far.

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Why don't you try the main dealer?
Unless for some reason the UK dealers are alot cheap...

Why don't you try the main dealer?
Unless for some reason the UK dealers are alot cheaper than the US ones I would have thought this would be your best bet. The original filters from my local dealer are almost half the price of the aftermarket ones from the motorist shops.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give them a try. I usually avoid the dealer since in many cases the dealer parts were...

I'll give them a try. I usually avoid the dealer since in many cases the dealer parts were 2 to 3 times more expensive than aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
83 300TD/97 E320/98 SL500
105 Posts
"try the internet!"

http://www.performanceproducts.com/

These guys bought out IMPCO a few years back, if you're familiar with them- they carry lots of parts for the 123 cars, and I find their prices pretty reasonable. I don't know what their delivery charges are like though- it convenient for me because they're about 20 minutes away from me so I can just phone in an order and go there for pick-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.