Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a w639 Vito CD111 with multifunction steering wheel controls.It's 3 months old. When I bought it new I opted for the basic Radio, Sound 5, as I knew I would have a decent Sat. Nav. Multi Media system put in at a later date.
After a lot of research, I chose the Pioneer Avic F20BT and today had it installed. Looked great and sounded even better, BUT.................................
......The mutlifunction buttons that change the display on the Speedo display also changed the channel on the Radio????????
The people who installed it got onto the Manufacturer of the Steering Wheel Control interface, Autoleads, and was told that their interface wasn't tested with this vehicle? The installer told me that they could try a Connects 2 interface but would have to order one in. They also said they didn't know if the Connects 2 interface would work until they tried it?
I asked if I paid for the system today and took it away could they ring me when the new interface came in (3 or 4 Days) and have it fitted to see if it would stop the problem and they said that would be OK. However if I took the system away they would not refund my money if the new part didn't work as the system would then be "Secondhand"?????
I told them to strip it out and forget it. I am not paying all that money for something that would not work properly.

So my question is: Is this usual that the interface doesn't work properly with aftermarket Sat. Navs? Anyone heard of this?
Is there a fix for this problem or do I have to put up with it if I have it refitted?
All help gratefully received.
Pat.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Is there a fix for this problem or do I have to put up with it if I have it refitted?
My opinion is that the only proper fix is to through in OEM parts. It would be a more expensive option but the integration with the car is not compromised which would always be the case with after market head units even if some steering wheel buttons would work etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts