Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's the deal... i want a 190e, only to hook up and make fast, but i can't find any good websites to do research on, anyone have any really good performance websites for a 201? Also.. which model will i get the most bang for the buck...?

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,805 Posts
How fast do you want to go and how much money to you have to spend? Tuning 80's vintage Mercedes isn't like the Japanese cars and certainly not like the VW, BMW or other euro makes of the period. Honestly answer the first two questions, how fast and how much $, and we'll be better equiped to answer.

·
Registered
'86 190E 2.3L
1,724 Posts
although with the 190 you'll have ur little "rice burner" for a lot longer then any other car said above...[:D]

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,805 Posts
How much longer do you want to have the 20 year old car? Most "go fast" guys aren't in it for the classic appeal, they usually end up with the W201 because it's the cheap entry level used Mercedes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Syracuse315 - 4/20/2005 1:16 AM

although with the 190 you'll have ur little "rice burner" for a lot longer then any other car said above...[:D]
I see you have a 1986 190e 2.3L, and I just bought one last Friday. What can you tell me about them and what I need to do to maintain it and items to check on.

I don't have access to the original owner and the 2nd owner - who I bought from, did not keep any records but says during her 2 years of ownership took good care of the car.

It has 158,000 miles and except for an old leak from the valve gasket and thereby some smoking and smell after long drives, the car drives and sounds perfect.

The A/C does not blow cold air though and therefore the defogger does not work either, but it blows air. Had a mechanic tech look at it and he said that the A/C compressor nodule and select switch was bad. Never heard of an A/C compressor nodule but I asked did he mean the main compressor and he said no. Was he fibbing to me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts