Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum. I will be getting a 1984 or 85 Mercedes 500 SEC with a 500 engine. Do you guys know of places to look at parts to customize with like whited lights or different rear tail lights? I want to do a lot of work on it and make it look nicer than it is. Thank you.

·
Registered
1981 300SD. slowly bringing it back to original glory.
21 Posts
mytruckisbiggerthanyours said:
I want to do a lot of work on it and make it look nicer than it is. QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with that. Just remember, this isn't a Honda, there are very few mods (in my opinion) that will actually make it "look nicer than it is". That said, eBay is a great place to start looking. you can find lots of unique parts (new and used) for very good deals. However, the quality might not be the best.

Another one is Car Parts Discount (Mercedes-Benz. I have never dealt with them, but the prices look reasonable.

Hope those help.

-Jordan

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
42,131 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum. I will be getting a 1984 or 85 Mercedes 500 SEC with a 500 engine. Do you guys know of places to look at parts to customize with like whited lights or different rear tail lights? I want to do a lot of work on it and make it look nicer than it is. Thank you.
Congrats to your car and welcome to the forum.
To edit your personal profile to include your car mod. and location, you can use the control panel on the top right.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice.

Mercedes Benz at www.mbusa.com used to sell the official 2 CD service manual for $ 20. Unfortunately it is not being offered at the present time.
We hope it's only temporary.

You can check the DIY thread above, or type your question into the 'search this forum' box on the top right. It will get you all archived post re. your problem.

You might try the Russian MB site. Don't put in a mod. or vin, click on cars and scroll down, until you get to yours: Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé MB

Good luck

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500 4Matic / 2008 W211 E350 4Matic
997 Posts
I think the best thing you can do to make it look better - and gain in "real" performance as well - is to add Euro headlamps. The difference in visual appeal is substantial, and the difference in visibility and light quality is even more. You should also think about, depending on your budget, AMG wheels, bodykit, etc. Most of the el cheapo crap for these cars looks horrid, but parts from volume tuners like AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, etc. will have a really nice look to them and fit with the vehicle properly and with a high degree of durability. Ebay is probably the best bet for those brands - just search eBay for Brabus, Lorinser, or AMG and start drooling and fiddling with your checkbook!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. The setup isnt as bad as far as tires go. It has 20 or 22 inch momo chrome wheels with low profiles and has been lowered 2 inches I think. I've seen the same models with the euro lights. I just cant find them. I check ebay for 500 sec, but I am assuming that parts are interchangable with some models.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
42,131 Posts
Anything over 17 inch wheels won't be comfortable, plus you better brake before every pot hole.
Try to use the 'search this forum' function first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts