Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2010 GLK did not come with the integrated iPod connection. Her car has the simple AM/FM radio with Sat capability and single play CD. Has anyone out there successfully added an iPod connection that was installed by other than the dealer? If so, can you give me an idea of cost and of how well the connection functions with the existing radio?

I'm just exploring options at this point and, worse case scenario, will take it to the dealer for the install, if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this subject...

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
My wife's 2010 GLK did not come with the integrated iPod connection. Her car has the simple AM/FM radio with Sat capability and single play CD. Has anyone out there successfully added an iPod connection that was installed by other than the dealer? If so, can you give me an idea of cost and of how well the connection functions with the existing radio?

I'm just exploring options at this point and, worse case scenario, will take it to the dealer for the install, if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this subject...
I do this for a living. We use PAC wiring kits at the shop for our customers. There's not much better when it comes to adding on to the factory system. Please visit the PAC site for more info/help or visit a local Car Audio shop.

iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do this for a living. We use PAC wiring kits at the shop for our customers. There's not much better when it comes to adding on to the factory system. Please visit the PAC site for more info/help or visit a local Car Audio shop.

iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future
Thanks for your expert advice! I am aware of PAC, as is my local car audio shop. However, they (and I) did not see a listing for a kit for the GLK. They also asked which radio we have in the vehicle and I am not sure of that either. All I know is that it does not have the Command/Navigation package. Would you happen to have any insight into either of these issues?

Thanks again. :bowdown:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump...

Surely somebody out there has some experience with this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 GLK 220CDI BlueEFFICIENCY 4M
169 Posts
I don't have experience with the issue, however could you take a look on options given by a company I stumbled across a month ago: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: C, GLK, E, E Coupe class (W204, W212, W207),

and their "Mercedes iPod kit - This is the genuine Mercedes iPod kit for the new C class, E Class and E Class Coupe": http://www.comandonline.co.uk/mb_ipod_ntg4_W204-W212-W207.html,
in particular.

If it's like something close to what you're looking for, you could e-mail them a question and see, and if so, as well let them confirm that it would meet requirements with regard to the specifications of your wife's 2010 GLK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have experience with the issue, however could you take a look on options given by a company I stumbled across a month ago: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: C, GLK, E, E Coupe class (W204, W212, W207),

and their "Mercedes iPod kit - This is the genuine Mercedes iPod kit for the new C class, E Class and E Class Coupe": Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod kit for new C, new E Class, E Class Coupe (W204/W212/W207),
in particular.

If it's like something close to what you're looking for, you could e-mail them a question and see, and if so, as well let them confirm that it would meet requirements with regard to the specifications of your wife's 2010 GLK.
Thanks for your research. I believe that is the same kit (or very similar) that the dealer will install. I guess I'm just stuck with a trip to the dealer for the retrofit. Oh well, it's just money, right? :surrender:

Regards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ipod connector

I had the dealer install an Ipod connector to the GLK that I just purchased (the GLK I wanted just came with the basic audio).

Made a deal that the cost of the connector with installation be part of the negotiated purchase price of the car.

Was told by the service rep. that the part was almost $300 and installation would have cost $200, so the total with tax would have been over $500.

Has any else notice that when you use the "shuffle songs" command, it just shuffles the next song, but each song after that still plays in alphabetical order?

·
Registered
2011 GLK350/Calcite White/Premium Pkg/Tow Hitch/iPod Integration Kit
14 Posts
I just received my iPod integration Kit A204 870 4496 and craddle B678824501 from MBonlineparts in the US, paid $240.00 + $24.00 for the craddle, in Canada the dealer I called wanted $532.00 CAD + install. I'm getting it installed in two weeks, installed labour price is $115.00/hr CAD and the service rep told me it should take 1.5hr as per MB service book.

·
Registered
2011 GLK350/Calcite White/Premium Pkg/Tow Hitch/iPod Integration Kit
14 Posts
Had the kit installed today, took them close to 4 hrs but I only paid for 1.5, total cost $195.00 CAD. Haven't played with it much yet but one thing I did notice is the tracks are not displayed in the centre console, everything is displayed perfectly in the instrument cluster multifunction display, I'll be calling them tomorrow, I thought I would be able to control it from both places. I will test the shuffle song as mentioned by "TheRiver" later tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts