Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I purchased an aftermarket Android screen from Avin. Now I want to install a front parking camera and ambient lighting. Im not sure how to set it up and where to tap the wires into.

The camera works but only as a rear camera when I change the settings from OEM to Aftermarket camera. Is there any way to trigger the camera with any android app or with clicking any oem button? Where should I tap the wires to?

I purchased a full optical ambient kit from Aliexpress. I am not sure where should I tap the control unit to. Can I use any wiring in the center console?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2017 C43 AMG,1929 Victory 6 roadster, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
6,003 Posts
Hi. I purchased an aftermarket Android screen from Avin. Now I want to install a front parking camera and ambient lighting. Im not sure how to set it up and where to tap the wires into.

The camera works but only as a rear camera when I change the settings from OEM to Aftermarket camera. Is there any way to trigger the camera with any android app or with clicking any oem button? Where should I tap the wires to?

I purchased a full optical ambient kit from Aliexpress. I am not sure where should I tap the control unit to. Can I use any wiring in the center console?

Thank you!
Be careful just tapping into power throughout the car not all wires are 12v. Power in modern cars is not like the old days.
I just hooked up my trailer wiring and it was basically a power wire to the fuse box and then another wire into the CAN and all the lights just worked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts