Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting an aftermarket air-filter nothing fancy just stock swap American brand?
Should I pay the extra $30 for the OEM one?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Where the heck are you shopping? I can buy two of the OEM ones online plus a wiper refill for less than your "extra" $30.

Stick with stock, Mann brand preferred. Autohausaz.com, rmeuropean.com, bmaparts.com are all popular.

Aftermarket is a waste of money. If it's inadequate quality, it's also going to damage your engine and maf over the long haul. To me that is a "bad idea" so take those jeans off and stick with stock.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Mann is German and so is at least one of the others but most people say the Mann fits better. Don't buy a Fram or any of the off the shelf auto parts store brands.

·
Registered
568 Posts
How much is the savings Mann vs other brands? Just bought a Mann from Napa Auto Parts about a month ago for $17.50
Honestly, for a few bucks of savings I`ll go with the recommended filter for the health of more expensive MAF Sensor and other components in the system.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mann filter is $11.52 at bmaparts
Holly smokes, now thats a good price:bowdown:

Heck I even paid $13 or $14 for a Fram crap for my Jetta from Checkers last April :mad:

Didn`t have the time to wait for the filter last time I was under the Benz`s hood, I needed that day and bought it from Napa but next time I`m ordering from bmaparts :D:D

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts