Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CLK320
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work today and I put the car in park and the engine rpm went over 1500rpms and stayed there. Where should I look. The economy gauge is pegged in the good zone. Maybe the OVP?

·
Registered
CLK320
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think about it but at the light before I got here to work it was at 1k rpm because I noticed it trying to pull.

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,467 Posts
Check the connection at the Idle Air Valve (IAV) in front of the air cleaner on the intake manifold too. The IAV measures around 5 - 10 ohms IIRC.

Attachments

·
Registered
CLK320
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which one is the idle control relay? I won't be able to test this until after work today. I am hoping that I will be able to drive it home today.

·
Registered
CLK320
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Found the problem to be the idiot (me) who reconnected a vacuum line that was able to slide over in the way of the linkage. It was pinned between the linkage and the air cleaner. At least it was a free fix this time.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,738 Posts
Ok. Found the problem to be the idiot (me) who reconnected a vacuum line that was able to slide over in the way of the linkage. It was pinned between the linkage and the air cleaner. At least it was a free fix this time.
Please make sure to read the 'Welcome to the forum' announcement / tutorial sticky on top.
It will help to navigate the forum, locate archived threads, etc.
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts