Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i want to add some more volume to my factory system. is it possible? can i just add a subwoofer? what do i have to do if i want to add a after market deck such as a Pioneer Avic or ecplispe?any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 E320 Sedan
34 Posts
if you want more volume then just get a headunit..you should have no problem installing a pioneer or alpine headunit...lol anyone who tries to do the job for like 200$ install job dont even bother with them..i went to 59484956 places and they wanted atleast $200 for the install but its really not that bad..go to like best buy..got it done for 50$ and they did an amazing job..did my hole system thru them with no problems...if u want bass then get subs but why not do both? lol

·
Registered
2000 E320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea but dont i have to rewire the whole system, because it is fibreoptics? or is the pioneer fibre optics? like i want to add like a headunit that plays cd's as well. i dont want to keep going to the back to change my cd's. everyone is telling me the fibre optics is the entire problem

·
Registered
2001 E320 Sedan
34 Posts
lol no you dont have to rewire the hole system..by changing your headunit if only effects your wheel controls for the radio..those dont work anymore..i had the becker headunit with the 6 disc changer..my guy switched the headunits in 20 mins no problem...

·
Registered
2001 E320 Sedan
34 Posts
i ended up with the pioneer DEH-5800...im very happy for it and i got a good price for it

·
Registered
Green '02 E320 Wagon
616 Posts
How did you manage the wiring for the head unit replacement? Is there a harness to match the head unit to the Benz radio connector?

The headunit that I plan to install has a standard ISO connector. I've read something about cutting the Benz connector in half to use the ISO (for power) and a VW adapter (for RCA inputs).

Is a W210 headunit upgrade something easy enough for a guy with no soldering skill and no knowledge of car audio connections, but plenty of hardware experience?

Most importantly, are there instructions anywhere online? I've been searching, but haven't found anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 C 280 Sport
109 Posts
You should be able to use ANY head unit you want with your 210. You will lose all factory options though. no more CD changer, no more steering wheel controls, no more phone integration...but that's about it. The benfit is you can get MP3 capability (who cares about a CD changer at that point) and a WHOLE lot better sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts