Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG Mod'd
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I bought a pair of these for my old 420 SEL and love them but I don't have a 420 SEL right now and need to sell them as the GF has decided to move out and stick me with the bills. The lights are missing the doors on the back to the main lights. I just covered them with duct tape.

These lights are fantastic and make the car look killer and work with HID really well. If you want to make your car look really nice and give it a sophisticated edge buy them. I give them 8/10. They don't look dumb on the car either.

If safety is important to you or your old lights are yellowed and scratched get these $175 US + shipping. I am in Ottawa Canada and they can be picked up.
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 420SEL, flirting with 200k
150 Posts
See I would be interested in those but you are in Canada and I am in Ohio. Did you ever see the ones on ebay that are converted to use Bi-Xenon bulbs, euro lights too, I have thought about them a few times but they are exactly plug and play, those you have there seem to be, how are those LED's powered?

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG Mod'd
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the deal, these are deisgned to work with Euro plugs which are 6 pins, our cars are 4 pin. I found out the MB Parts number for the 6 PIN connector $4 each and ordered them from the dealer I then used a hair pin to jumper the connection between the parking light power and the "city light power" the hair pins are still on the lamps 6 PIN power port. So if I put my headlights on any mode ie: parking or normal the LEDs work and look great.
Sounds complicated but is super easy. You just open up the little 4 pin back box and all those connector pins pop out and slide right in to the new 6 pin connector took me an hour. As for the HIDs I used single Xenon bulb because high beams are not needed with these lights.
The lighting difference is so nice it's not funny. You feel more comfortable driving faster. I had 8000K bulbs and liked it.

·
Registered
'00 Mazda MPV, '98 Chrysler Cirrus
1,654 Posts
I like them, I just don't need them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts