Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loved my 2001 e55 since I got it, but living in the northeast with big fat tires and lots of torque has caused too many white-knuckled drives, and with winter approaching, and my lease coming up after the winter ends, I'm beginning my search. I know I won't reproduce the overall performance, and an Audi RS6 is beyond the price I want to pay now, so what would you all think about an e500 4matic as a replacement? Will I gain in the curves and wet what I'll give up on the straights? Please compare to my model, not most current version, which ups the ante straightline, of course. All comments and opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the same model & year and have just completed a 3400 mile round trip ...

Crjag
I have the same model & year and have just completed a 3400 mile round trip from the Phoenix area to Seattle. I have been in every type of weather from 29º black ice, rain so hard you can't see 50' ahead, to 125mph+ 75º desert straight-aways. This car is an Apex Predator of the highways. ...BUT (and it's a BIG BUT) if I didn't live in AZ year round, and I had to deal with the snow/ice problem, I would DEFINITELY buy a SnowBeater™. This is a $500 (max) front wheel drive Japanese compact that you use like a tissue. After the snow/ice period is over you sell it to a high school kid looking for wheels. You should get back most if not all of the $$ you paid. Get another next year. Leave the Beast in the garage. The are not snow-mobiles, but they are TOO fun to get rid of.

IMHO of course. -HarleyB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts