Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a good day. I am going to the dealership and getting my special order capri blue benz. I got my 19's waiting...that I picked up before even getting the car. Lowering it a bit tommorow. Finally, I really get to start taking part in this forum.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re:in the market for a new car

Hi, I'm in the market for a new car. i'm considering either the C320 sedan for 39,000. or E320 at 50,000. should i really spend the extra 12000 for another car. i'm graduating college in june, but i don't want to spend too much money on a new car. thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new E-class will be coming out within a yr....

and yr resale value of getting a E320 now will be drastically lower in the future. I think a C-class is more appropriate for u at the moment. Given that its less expensive, the size is adeqate, the car fits a college graduate more, and it wont have a style change for another few yrs. <br> The C-class is a very reliable car. Usually there are minor problems for first yr MB productions (new E).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: re:in the market for a new car

I too was debating between the E and C but like HT said, the new body E is coming out. You will feel like a tool if you spend $50,000 while others will be rolling in their new body E next year. I got the C because of the new body styling and features that the old E won't have. plus all the money you will save getting the C... put those saving into aftermarket stuff like rims.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopup...I actually am putting 19' chrome Carlsson Evo's on and lowering it with H&R's. I wanted to go with Eibach for comfort but didn't think it would lower it enough. plus a shop in la gave a price of $330 installed, but only with H&R.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what a difference a day makes.....

24hrs ago my benz was stock and now it has transformed into a bad ass machine. Picked it up yesterday...capri blue/java interior/C2/C4/zenon/19' Carlsson Evo's/tint. I had a bad experience lowering it because i bought the rims used and was told they would fit on a W203...wrong...i had to spent $75 a pop on spacers (good ones) and new lug nuts because the guy gave me S class lug nuts. $300+ for just spacers and lug nut on top of the money for the springs and labor...i left there with a lowered benz and a empty wallet. guess i should get used to it if i plan on owning a benz!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Carlssons! Nice !! How's the ride ?

better than i thought it was going to be...i was expecting the worse. it is not that bad. they even cut half a spring and it rides good. H&R

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: re:in the market for a new car

Hey Guys,<br> thanks a bunch for the imput. I still have a lot of thinking to do. but at least i have some good advise to make my decision a whole lot easier.<br> Rick

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: what a difference a day makes.....

carlsson 1/6 evo chrome... really NiCE~~!! <br>
<br>
how much did you pay for your beauties if i may ask and did you have to roll the fenders? what are the sizes for the tires n the rims? are all 4 of 'em 19x8.5? <br>
<br>
really sweet ride congrats on your purchase (o^.^o)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: what a difference a day makes.....

No, I didn't have to roll the fenders and I paid $1950 for the rims used...but then I needed $350 in spacers and lug nuts. therefore, total was $2300 when all was said and done. saved myself $1000 buying used. All of them are 19 x 8.5 and I 'think' the tires are 225/35.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts