Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Evosport Stage II suspension (stage I if CLK55), which includes shocks/springs/thicker sway bars (already on 55), yesterday, and have realized that I wasted 3 months of fun asking questions. It's awesome. Although it's low, I don't have any problems driving. Slowing down for speed bumps is a small sacrfice for the substantial control and cornering increases. Even the ride quality is still comfortable. The only problem I have noticed with my new suspension is that I can't get my dad to stop driving it long enough to give me a chance to enjoy my car. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have about it, but I may not be on this forum as often... The roads are just too fun.<p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what setup does that involve? H&Rs and Bilsteins? doesn't the 430 already have stiffer sway bars...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm..the brabus rep told me that they don't make sway bars for 430 cuz it already has a stiffer

frame or something..maybe i misunderstood<p>gladiator1.ey.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bullshit, stock 430 has sway bars, 55 has bigger bars. And brabus says anything they don't sell is

worthless. Never listen to brabus<p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why I don' t like Brabus, Renntech, Carlsson (besides their wheels)

Because you can get the same exact work done for much less. And in the case of Brabus, if they don't make the part, they say it's not needed. That's why Brabus said it's not needed. Well, why does the CLK 55 come stock with bigger bars? The 55 has 28mm bars in front, the 430 has 22mm (I measured). And as for the such anger, you have no idea what 8 hrs of labor on your car will do to you... We had to completely drop the rear subframe just to get to the sway bar. Front was easy for the bar, but had to take the wheel assembly off to get into the spring (didn't have the proper compressor). If you need a shop that does good quality without the markup, ask me.<p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
H&R, Koni Adjustable, Eibach sway bars

the Koni's tend to have a better ride quality when you get into cars that are bigger than the bmw 3 series. <p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with Mach430...that some Brabus products are way too EXPENSIVE !! SLk 230 pulley kit is....

<br> an example, about $3000 and elsewhere you can get it for around $1500.<p>jludlow-nt.qualcomm.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mach430..I only need to remove the two bolt on the sway bar, botttom shock bolt and two 4 in. long..

<br> control arm screw to remove the spring (without spring compressor). What you you meant by you have to remove the whole wheel assembly to remove the spring.<p>jludlow-nt.qualcomm.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's hilarious, I think that when my sponsor releases their mercedes pulley kits, it's going to be

around $500<p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

1 - 20 of 23 Posts