Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 98 260e. 57k miles driven by my neighbour. Car is immaculate ..I just love the Drive....Now the project starts and I need some guidance

Car is green....Painting it Black or Dark Blue Metallic (my paint guy is awesome) My interior is the Beige Tex. Ant other paint ideas

Rims. want 18;s the kind that came on the 500e. Found them through a link off this website (799). It say it will fit,,,any advise and on tires

any advise on a cd changer and stereo system which is better but lools orignal

last body moldings and body colored bumpers....like in the 92-94.....where can i get them from..will they fit or should i stick with wht i have......

considering car is immaculate and maaintained by dealer..I feel with 8k miles a year I should get atleast 5 more years out of this car.....

Thank You for any comments and suggestions...I am in OC California

·
Registered
E500Es
29,576 Posts
So I got my 98 260e. 57k miles driven by my neighbour. Car is immaculate ..I just love the Drive....Now the project starts and I need some guidance

Car is green....Painting it Black or Dark Blue Metallic (my paint guy is awesome) My interior is the Beige Tex. Ant other paint ideas

Rims. want 18;s the kind that came on the 500e. Found them through a link off this website (799). It say it will fit,,,any advise and on tires

any advise on a cd changer and stereo system which is better but lools orignal

last body moldings and body colored bumpers....like in the 92-94.....where can i get them from..will they fit or should i stick with wht i have......

considering car is immaculate and maaintained by dealer..I feel with 8k miles a year I should get atleast 5 more years out of this car.....

Thank You for any comments and suggestions...I am in OC California
Welcome aboard. Assuming you are talking about an 88, not 98. If 98, you need to be on the W210 forum.

First, the 500E came with 225/55 ZR16 steel-belted radial & 8Jx16H2 -34et offset tires/wheels, not 18s so watch out before you buy. You will find that, even though they might "fit", the ride will be harsh, the suspension will take a beating and you will not be very happy with the overall solution. We have found that 17 is really just about as high as you can go to correctly upgrade the car and keep everything else working well.

As for color, what color green do you have? There are a couple of shades that are really rare and desirable. If it is one of those, you might consider NOT respraying. Also, respray to a different color will take the value of the car down should you decide to sell/trade unless the entire car is sprayed [trunk, under carpets, behind door panels etc].

As for the molding panels for the W124, they are usually available from members who are parting out cars. A complete set can usually be had for a few hundred bucks in very good shape.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
late production 1988. It was built near the end of July of 1988.
My 260 is blue-green metallic with a MB tex mushroom interior.

yes I can stick with the 17's...

hopefully with the eurospec lights, the wheels and the cladding the car will look better so I might not paint it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts