Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
Hope you can give me some sound advise. I am in the process of buying a new used car. I am looking to get either a C240 or BMW 325. As mentioned, both will be used, from either 2001 or 2002. I have test driven both cars and really like both. I like the C240 because it is classy and offers a very comfortable ride. I like the BMW 325 for it drives very well and it has the cool factor attached to its looks. But beyond looks, I really want a car that I don't need to send into the shop every month for repairs for I do NOT want to be broke from repair bills. I have read many forum posts of both cars from bulletin board sites and have read complains on both cars. All of which makes me worried of course but still...I need a new car and I really do not want to go for the Japanese cars. I don't like any of the 2003-2004/05 Acuras, Infinitis or Lexuses. They just don't have the "prestigious look" that I want. Please advise me as to whether I should go for the C240 or 325?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You looked at other stuff like gas mileage, safety features, long-term resale value, etc?

Both are good cars, I believe, although with tiny quirks here and there. Maybe wait a few months before buying anything? If you're unsure it might be good to take some time to just let yourself gravitate towards one or the other. Best of luck, though.

·
Registered
2000 S500 Sport
79 Posts
Kirill - 5/9/2005 11:43 AM

i think c240 is a supercharged engine ?

I would go for C320 - NA 3.2 liter.
Yes, go for the C320 if that's possible, I've driven both as loaner cars during service and the C320 is much faster and has a much more luxurious interior than the C240. I was so impressed that I wondered why anyone would pay more for the E-Class.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
325. 325 is not the fastest car but the handling makes it fun to drive. 240s are too slow and the bimmer interior is nicer than the older w203 interior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts