Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys do if you could spent $10000US+ on the appearance of a c200K sedan? Purely for looks, not performance. I was thinking H&R coilovers for max drop (what other brands are there?) and a set of 19' wheels (yet to decide on type/style/brand)<br> Im in the process of purchasing one, and want to enhance the appearance of it right away.(its black/black)<br> <br> Body Kits? Wheels? Tint? Exhaust? Suspension/Springs? Grill?<br> <br> You opinions will be extremely helpful! :)<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
JayBeez; I'm in Hobart AUS, maybe i could look at it?

I've already stopped in Perth, flew to Adelaide, and now in Hobart...<br> <br> 10kUSD is alot for exterior items; do you plan to make it a auto show car?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: JayBeez; I'm in Hobart AUS, maybe i could look at it?

really? do you plan on coming back to perth(where i am) in the next months?<br> Yeah i'd love to put it in some shows..! but my ultimate goal is to make it look really really good..<br> so what would you guys do? <br> im thinking; Full Lorinser body kit,dual exhaust system, 19' chrome wheels, and as for the springs and suspension im not sure.. can you guys help?<br> give me some ideas? Also, whats involved in rolling the wheel arches?<br> <br> cheers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: JayBeez; I'm in Hobart AUS, maybe i could look at it?

JayBeez,<br> Our ship just left there with no plans to return to Perth until about 2004 :(<br> <br> With the proper wheel offsets, you should not need to roll your fenders. My setup has 19x8.0 [235/35/19] in the front and 19x9.5 [265/30/19] in the rear, without rolling the fenders. <br> <br> Because I'm deployed, I don't remember my offsets, but I can email it to you when I return. Otherwise, go to www.hrewheels.com or email John [email protected] HRE WHEELS mailto:[email protected]<br> <br> <br> Rob C

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10k?

Woah..<br> <br> <br> <br> If I had all that money I would get some HRE wheels(awsome wheels), and I would search for Renntech, Brabus and Carlsson stuff..... I dont like Lorinser that much...<br> <br> What about some nice custom Interior and lighted Door sills?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JayBeez,<br> <br> Here is some good basic info concerning your wheel fitments:<br> <br> W203 C-Class <br> 17x8 ET30 17x8 ET30 225/45-17 225/45-17 <br> 17x8 ET30 17x10 ET35 225/45-17 255/40-17 <br> 18x8.5 ET30 18X8.5 ET30 225/40-18 225/40-18 <br> 18X8.5 ET30 18X9 ET35 225/40-18 255-35-18 <br> 18X8.5 ET30 18X10 ET35 235/40-18 265/35-18 <br> 19X8.5 ET35 19X8.5 ET35 235/35-19 235/35-19 <br> 19X8.5 ET35 19X9.5 ET35 235/35-19 265/30-19 <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the info is much appreciated!<br> what springs/shocks give the MAXIMUM drop??<br> <br> also, is it difficult for a car panel workshop (or somewhere silimar) to match the stock paint for the body kit? is there some sort of colour code for them to match it?<br> <br> If anyone has any pictures of a really nice c-class, it would be great if you could post them!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's an easy one, make it a convertible!

No body kit or wheels are going to draw as much attention as making a convertible coupe. Check with Newport Convertible Engineering in Placentia, CA if you are interested.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: That's an easy one, make it a convertible!

hmm.... :) sounds good, but im in australia, so it would be a hell of a lot more expensive. :(<br> <br> So what shocks/springs would give me the biggest drop? I heard somewhere that K&W give you up to 3' front and rear? is this true? what else is there?<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: $10K Australian, that's very different, never mind.....

He did say $10k US, Buellwinkle, but I would think shipping would eat a good chunk of that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A competent shop should have no trouble matching non-metallic colors. Metallic takes a bit more skill, but shouldn't be a problem. Yes, there is a paint code they can use, but that is just a starting point. It is the painter's eye that makes the match. On American MB's, the paint code is on a label on the driver's door jamb. It is a three digit number above the bar code and to the right of the VIN.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For your question on Springs/Suspension

With $10G's to spend, just get H&R Coilvers Price range is 1200-1500$ I believe. Correct me if im wrong. These work wonderful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts