Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK 320
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently bought a used 2001 clk320 with stock 16" rims. I'm interested in putting new rims on the car but dont want to lose the "euro-classy" (lack of a better word) look of the car. In other words, I want the car to look sporty without being overbearing.

1) What rims do you guys recommend and would 17" or 18" keep my desired look?

2) Would it look akward if I dont lower it? If so, any recommnedation on good springs but will not compromise ride quality. Also by changing the suspension, will this affect my warranty.

Any advice will truly be appreciated. Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
C 230 Sport
184 Posts
If you want 17 or 18's get AMG's. Here is a pic of a CLk 430 with 18 AMG's...

If you want 17 or 18's get AMG's. Here is a pic of a CLk 430 with 18 AMG's

·
Registered
2001 CLK 320
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi BrabusNYC, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I could not see the pic you attached...

Hi BrabusNYC, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I could not see the pic you attached. Did you lower your car? Is there a significant difference between 17's and 18's? Is the ride quality/smoothness compromised with 18's. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will not have any warranty issues with the car being that old. I just popped all four of my wheels and have to replace all four, which I was looking to do anyway. I am looking at 17 or 18's and that's as big as I would go or it will ride like a go-cart, it will corner and hold the ground but you will feel every peeble. Make sure your bolt patterns are 5 x 112, and make sure the offsets are correct to bring any extra width inside verses outside or you will be rubbing the fender on small bumps....did a SEC like that once with 10" wheels and it was miserable to drive. Personally I like the AMG five spoke mags or the AMG Sport wheels, they both give it a snazzy look while staying elegant and expensive! So it's a personal decision just make sure your measurements are all good, it's hard and expensive to return wheels, tires and etc. Good luck, post a pic when you do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts