Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!<br> <br> I live in Seattle, WA, very close to Vancouver, BC (about 3.5 hours drive). I'm looking for a used 2000 S430 or S500, main priority is Sports Pkg. I can't afford a new model, so have to settle for either 2000 or 2001 model, depends on final price.<br> <br> One MB dealer close to me have a '00 S500 w/ Sports pkg, and they're asking for $74K, I'd say nicely optioned Blk/Blk, htd rear seats, wood/leather steering whl, rear sunshade. But the car is Canadian.<br> <br> Do you guys think I should go for it? I know all the free maintenance would have to be done in Canada. Besides that, what else should I consider before finalizing a deal? Should I also have asked more discounts since it's a Canadian car?<br> <br> Please give me all your thoughts and advice, I'd really appreciate it.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Leo

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Canada the maintenance is not included, The warranty is however longer:<br> <br> 4 years/80,000 kms basic<br> 5 years/120,000 kms major components<br> (engine/trans/diff, brake system, suspension, steering, cooling, fuels system, electronics.<br> <br> You could also get one directly from a Vancouver BC MB dealer. Used can be viewed at Mercedes-benz.ca <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
canadian cars are not eligible for US MB Warranties

I offer discounted prices on MB factory Warranties. These are not available to canadian cars.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
shop around

I think that is way too much money. I bought my 2000 s500 for $46k. Check the east coast, the cost of these cars is about 5 to 10k lower that west coast.I shopped around four month before picking up my car. you have better luck at small dealers because they are will to haggle. Just make sure you ask them for a car fax history.
goodluck

·
Registered
E55 AMG
13 Posts
I A WORD NO!!! THE CAR IS FAR TO MUCH MONEY AND THE RESALE VALUE IS AT LEAST $5000 TO $1...

I A WORD NO!!! THE CAR IS FAR TO MUCH MONEY AND THE RESALE VALUE IS AT LEAST $5000 TO $10,000 LESS THAN A US VERSION.

·
Registered
1995 MB S320V: 2006 kawasaki vulcan 900 lt
417 Posts
price

I looked up a 00 S500 on WWW.nadaguide.com for a price. With sport pkg. 35000 miles and sun roof should be about u.s.$57,225. Do some research on the net re prices before you put any cash down.
Barry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts