Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my 1st post so be gentle on me! I'm looking to buy a 500SL. I've seen a few and am following up on a 1991 in good condition. Everything seems fine but I noticed that underneath both doors there is some rust. The rest of the doors seem ok. Is this a common problem? What other things in particular should I look out for? Also, can someone tell me what the oil pressure should be doing during start up, at idle etc. Any other comments greatly appreciated!
ps love the forum
Bear1

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Carlo$, taking your advice and steering clear of it. I picked up a few other things...

Thanks Carlo$, taking your advice and steering clear of it. I picked up a few other things with it as well. Looking at a 1992 500SL this weekend with full service history, 1 owner. Hopefully, this will be a better vehicle!

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
I vote w/Carlo$

Bear1- Your profile doesn't indicate your location, but take a peek at "www.traderonline.com" go through the search function and look at the SL's out here in Arizona-- well cared for- especially in Scottsdale- no rust issues and a fair number in all price ranges on the market.
If you get serious about one- heck- I'll pick you up at the airport in mine !
regards-
CQRT in AZ

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Carlo$ - I'd love to take you up on the offer. Unfortunately, I'm located in Hong...

Thanks Carlo$ - I'd love to take you up on the offer. Unfortunately, I'm located in Hong Kong. I saw a much better example on the weekend and am getting it mech checked tomorrow. There's a few things I noticed and want them to especially check but the car seems in pretty good condition. Only one owner, I've seen most of the service records, drives well. Let's see what the detailed inspection comes back with though.
Cheers
Bear1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts