Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 280SLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use a windscreen on your car? I have no experience with one.

Does it help?
Do you use the Mercedes fabric windscreen?
There are a number of aftermarket plexiglass windscreens...anyone recommend one? They look pretty cool.

Thanks.

·
Registered
SLK 350 facelift, palladium + gullwing red
67 Posts
Yes the rear windscreen make a big difference to the comfort in the cabin with the roof down. Make it very comfortable at 7mph. Go for the OEM MB one it's excellent though a bit pricey. I just leave mine in all year round.

·
Registered
2007 Mars Red SLK280
5 Posts
I'm also thinking of getting a wind screen. Thinking of the Wind Restrictor with laser etching and lighting on it ? Anyone here have one ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check out windscreenreview.net, since they have a listing of vendors. WR is a good one, pricey though. Windblox does pretty well too. I used to also like the Oris windstop, but I'm not sure if they're in business anymore...

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompreser, 2006 SLK280
90 Posts
I'm also thinking of getting a wind screen. Thinking of the Wind Restrictor with laser etching and lighting on it ? Anyone here have one ?
We LOVE ours! Below is a pic of one. I changed the lights from red to hot pink after we got it (wifes car). REALLY cool at night, I wired it into the brake lights so it lights up when you brake. I should take some pics. The Windrestrictor Co that I used (I think it was Kingpin Industries) has a shop in N Dallas, so I just ordered one off ebay (saved about $100) then drove over to get it. Intallation is not hard at all. They can etch anything you want, even off a picture. You will not be dispointed. One thing, it is mounted to the car. Unlike the mesh that you can pull off, this one says on all the time. I don't mind it, actually pretty cool....

Oh and it DOES WORK, espcially with the windows up. I preffer to ride with the windows down, and it still offers allot less wind turbulence.

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes the rear windscreen make a big difference to the comfort in the cabin with the roof down. Make it very comfortable at 7mph. Go for the OEM MB one it's excellent though a bit pricey. I just leave mine in all year round.
I'm also agree with you, when car's roof down then windscreen is the best option for the comfort of cabin passengers. As the speed increase, wind is going to fast and it become difficult for the cabin passenger to travel in a comfort manner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts