Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to the board. I am switching over from BMW. I am interested in an 01 or 02 S600. Any advice? Anything to look out for? Any help? Warranty is a must I realize that. The 03 is out of my price range. Thanks.

·
Registered
E50 AMG
24 Posts
Hi! I have a 2001 CL600 and it is a great car, you don't really need the bi-turbo, because the non turbo is fast enough. The 5.8 liter V12 is very strong and easy to live with, just make sure that everything in the car works well. The only problems in these cars is the electronics. Make sure you check everything before you buy the car, other than that it's a great car.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,913 Posts
See generally the S500 writeups on reliability, both in the W220 forum and the telematics forum. Many of the electronics problems that may be common to the S600 are there. You may also have some of the suspension (airmatic) problems. '00 was the first model year of the W220; they got better as they matured. You can expect a newer car to be somewhat more reliable; they may share similar problems, just less often.

·
Registered
range sport supercharged
181 Posts
S600 without Turbo doesn't cost anything compare to the turbo ones. If you want to by a car that keep its value then take a 500 horse power S

Just my personal though...[:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts