Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got some mechanical work to do to the old girl, but the wife likes her, so we're keeping her.

Here's a list of things we'd like to do to the truck:

Updated mirror housings with built in LED indicator/turn signal. Any tricks in adding these?

HID projector lights. Any tips? Which is the best setup to get?

Fog lamps? OEM or aftermarket?

Nerf bars. Recommendations?

Update grille. What's available?

We're going to do the Dynamat in the doors, too, since the dreaded tar-like substance on the windows is driving us nuts!

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
02 ML320; 08 E350 4MATIC - P1 & SPORT PKG
320 Posts
Do a search on this forum on all the mods you listed and you'll get tons of info to help you with your mods....

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
piperca said:
u can find clear projectors on ebay... i put hid kit from k1 motorsport...

piperca said:
Nerf bars. Recommendations?
i'm using manik's...

piperca said:
there's about 3 different grilles you can choose from... matter of personal preference...

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
piperca said:
Okay, I've got some mechanical work to do to the old girl, but the wife likes her, so we're keeping her.

Here's a list of things we'd like to do to the truck:

Updated mirror housings with built in LED indicator/turn signal. Any tricks in adding these?
I think you should stick with the pre-facelift mirrors. They're bigger overall and because they're actual wing mirrors, the A pillar doesn't block part of the mirror like it does on the facelift ones.
performanceproducts4benz.com sells OEM bi-xenon headlights. They're a little pricey, but personally I'd go with them knowing they're OEM and will work perfectly with the car without any trouble or hassle. Search the forum for further reference and instructions for installation for your model year.
There are several to choose from.

The ML500 grille:

Special Edition/ML55 grille:

There's also a new W164 style grille made especially for the W163. Search eBay and the forum for pictures and more information on those.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
asianml said:
I think you should stick with the pre-facelift mirrors. They're bigger overall and because they're actual wing mirrors, the A pillar doesn't block part of the mirror like it does on the facelift ones.
I don't intend on changing the mirrors, just the housing, which is the same size as the OEM 99 housing.

I really like the ML500 grille that you posted.

The wife is also hitting me up for a wooden steering wheel ... wow, they're pricey!

Thanks for the replies!

BTW: I found some OEM projector headlights for $349 (not bi-xenon), so I'll probably go that route.

·
Registered
2005 ML350 SE (current); 05 ML350 SE & 99 ML320 (former)
685 Posts
OEM Bi-xenon is the way to go or OEM xenon if price is an issue >> they are way brighter than Halogen.

Consider adding the second set of door seals, it will reduce wind noise coming around the doors. 98 and 99 didn't have the double door seals. You will hear this noise more after you Dynamat the doors.

Consider some nice rims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts