Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing my C-sedan's front grill with the "sport grill" from www.ForMyMercedes.com

Part #203-002 C (Class "Elegance" Sport Grill with Silver/Chrome Fins)
and
Part #612-2010 (Hood Emblem and Holder)

I see some members installed a similar grill on their cars. I really like it. Has anyone bought these ForMyMercedes items and are you happy with the look and quality? If it looks fake (not like a Mercedes part) I'd rather not buy it. I haven't seen a W203 in SA with this mod. I assume that the C230K coupe's grill does not fit the sedan?

Is it difficult to install? I'd die if I scratch the paint while installing it.

These items cost about $250 (excl. shipping). I not willing to spend much more than that as I am buying in South African Rand ($1 = +-ZAR7.50) so it can get quite expensive. Also I'm still a student and don't have a lot of cash to through around. Someone posted a request for a CL type grill group buy, but it's too rich for me.

If anyone from SA has bought these items, can you give me an idea of what the shipment charges would be?

Sorry for the long post. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
JG01

You can send Jerry an email and ask him how much will cost you to ship to SA. Jerry is the owner and he is really nice to deal with.

Something like this;-)

you will like it
[:)][;)]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, JimB

I'll do that. I take it you bought the same grill from ForMyMercedes?

I...

Thanks, JimB

I'll do that. I take it you bought the same grill from ForMyMercedes?

I saw one of your previous posts and the pic with your car's front view made me decide to do this.

Did you install it yourself[?] I'm pretty useless when it comes to DIY jobs.

Thanks for your reply.

Johann G

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Hehe, It's a piece of cake;-)

Unscrew "6 sccrew total"the OEM grill, transfer the metal clip to the NEW grill, put the big Star on it and reinstall it, that's it. It will take you maybe 15 minutes..Max. and hey, ensure have the releasing lever insert to the right slot..unless you won't be able to open up your hood. I think it should be on the second slot...You can do it [:)][;)]

and for the flat hood emblem, Unscrew the big nut counter clockwise while holding the star from under the hood with you right hand while the top star with your left hand[:D][;)]it defend if you are a right or left handed[;)][;)]and to install the flat emblem it will be a little diffirent than the OEM it will be secured by the preasure nut with metal clip, you will have to use 10mm socket wrench to tighten up.Deep socket prepared.[:)][;)]Hope this help;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Formymercedes.com is the best!

You won't go wrong with these guys. Jerry is the best! They answer e-mails promptly and supply what they advertise. All these replacement parts are easy to fit. If you have any questions Jerry will help you out as well as anyone here.

·
Registered
c320
13 Posts
I have the grille myself, but i took it off cause i personally think it looks cheap, if yo...

I have the grille myself, but i took it off cause i personally think it looks cheap, if you really want the star grille you should get the real cl grille

1 - 7 of 7 Posts