Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of ordering sn S55 AMG, please advice whats the best colour for it.... If pictures are available please post. Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coming from a Benz family ... Anthracite Gray was their best color ever (quality,luster,clean) ...

Coming from a Benz family ... Anthracite Gray was their best color ever (quality, luster, cleanliness) ... with cream beige interior. <br> <br> Parents have an S430 Black with Java. Black has held up well but shows alot of spots / lint / dirt. Java interior doesn't hold up great; espically the leather seats and the mole hair on doors and headliner. Actually, MB tex always seemed to hold up better than their leathers but you can't get that on an S-Class, at least not in the States.<br> <br> I think I would get the Tectite Gray Metallic with Oyster Nappa Leather and Burl Walnut.<br> <br> Steve<br> 2001 SLK320<br> 2000 S430<br> 1991 350SDL<br> (1985 380SL, 1984 300SD, 1979 300SD - the best one)<br> <br> PS. I highly recommend the rear climate control since MB has had some trouble keeping their S-classes cool, plus the heated rear seats and the auto truck closure, integrated cell phone and ALL SEASON FLOOR MATS (a must have for light interiors) then your car is pushing $110K easy ...... enjoy it!!!!! If there was anything I would get rid of, it would probably be the AMG engine, the S500 has plenty of power - so does the S430 but you may want all the other standard features of S500. My Dad got a $295 speeding ticket in the S430 cause he had no idea how much power the car had, and we were going to the movies on a nice Sunday afternoon, and compared to his diesel this car flies like its on rails.<br> <br> All the best in your purchase !!!!!!!<br> <br> The new SL doesn't interest you ????

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Coming from a Benz family ... Anthracite Gray was their best color ever (quality,luster,cle....

Thanks steve for the write up, the S55 would be for Dubai, and yeah since you mentioned that the car cant keep the interiors cool worries me as the 2000 740il we have there is pretty hot at summer times. And teh SL does interest me, my friend there has already placed an order for that, so maybe i'll wait for the brabus edition, and also the SLR is in the pipeworks... :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the galleries and go to the W220 S classe gallerie. There, you will have lots of pics of the S classe in different colors. You will see that silver is the best color you can get for this beauty.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Coming from a Benz family ... Anthracite Gray was their best color ever (quality,luster,cle....

This may seem a little off topic but I noticed you had a 1979 300SD. I also have one and was just wondering how the car has held up. Recently, since I live in Maryland where the winters are cold, my car has been a headache. The past few winters, my battery died on me. I was thinking of donating the car to charity but any advice would be great. <br> <br> Toan <br> TKN Communications Inc.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

We sold our 1979 300SD after it had 265,000 miles on it for $1500. A/C stopped working and putting in a new one would have killed the car. Did notice that when we had trouble starting it in the winter that replacing the glow-plugs helps signifigantly. Also, we had worn out a section of the starter (large metal wheel with teeth) since every time we started the car it worn down the wheel in the same place; we rotated the wheel and it helped too - would have been wotth replacing it. My Dad loved that car; very smooth, high quality, and great 'sound'. Just worry about rust and water leaks in trunk and rear window. Otherwise it was a great car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a bad comment ...........

My 2000 740iL took on an S600, not the W220 but the last of the older models, i think it was a 1998. Anyway wont say that i kicked ass, but i did win by a car length.. In terms of cornering the 2000 740iL will probably be on par with the current 'S' classes... I'm not bulshitting I've driven both, and still getting an S55 this summer. Will let you guys know, how the 740iL fared against the 2002 S55 AMG, yeah baby !!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pure BS

You obviously never drove S600 previous or current model you clown. S600 is far beyond your 740il in performance---- period. You being ahead by a car lenth is a dream you dreamed on a hot day back in abu-dabi or where ever it is you from.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Pure BS

Your comments are yours man, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN AN S600, IN YOUR LIFE? Anyway I am talking from a real life experience this December... So eyah maybe there was something wrong with the s600 or was it that my 740il had dinan supercharger in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br> take that you freak

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To Billy Bob

One thing I hate is people who diss other people about cars, racing etc. Either they are jelous, or want to feel better about themselves because they don't have what other people do. But the worst thing are stupid racists who come on the board and ruin it by posting the dumbest comments like Mr. Billy Bob. If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself, not let everyone else who read the comments you wrote laugh at you with total pity on your 2nd grade mind and attitude. I think all of us have one thing in common, we are humans who like Mercedes Benz and other luxury cars too. Don't you think that sums it up? Hope so.... Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you some kind of BS king of the desert there or somethin'?

Racing camels with Mercedes grills and star attached to the a$$ and nose respectively......<br> <br> don't forget to wipe that grill and caaaamels a$$ after each race.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Are you some kind of BS king of the desert there or somethin'?

Way to go Billy, nice way to make yourself look like a idiot. Please reply, I am dying to see what else you are going to write with your child like mind. You are a true savant. Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts