Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to get one soon, new to mercedes so I am looking for a bit of help..

I want to get the e350 CDI with sport trim but it seems there are a few different ones that have different looking interior and also there are different gearboxes ?

I'm looking at a 2012 model and it says it's g tronic.. is it the 5 speed or 7 ? Is there a particular gearbox I should go for ?

What should I look out for when viewing ?

I'm in the UK btw .

Thanks , Hopefully I'll join the Merc club soon !

·
Registered
W212 350CDI -09 W219 320CDI -07 Ex:W220 320CDI -01 Ex:W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,890 Posts
W212 OM642 diesels are all 7G or 7G+ (start/stop) gearboxes, 2013 onwards came 9G for some models.

Interiors and trim packeges are bit different in europe/US, There are some standars thing depending if car is classic/elegance/avantgarde, but of course buyer could have ticked extra options. It really depends what stuff you prefer MUST, what are 'nice to have' and if there are BigNoNos... personally I prefer full leather seats etc.

Rear subframe is prone to corrode, Box should change smoothly both cold/warm, no oil leaks around crank case/turbo (easy and cheap to fix), no oil leak under car (goggle seal expensive to change). OM642 search will give more info about engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts