Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML430
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ML430 and the passenger side bulb blew. I did a search on this and got confused on what is good and what is not. I'm coming to the conclusion that everyone likes the Sylvania and Philips H7 bulbs. I just want something that is brighter and will last. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
Any good bulb will last for a few years.

I had the Phillips bulb and it was slightly brighter to my eyes but really, it's not a huge difference. The OEM is already quite bright for halogen so the gains are very marginal and mostly in the margins. That is at the edges and directly in front up close. I also thought it was marginally brighter at distance although noone else could see it.

Then I got the bi-xenons and my whole world changed[8D]

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
The Sylvania Silverstar bulbs are slightly brighter than a standard 55 Watt Halogen, but like bigcatny said, its really not that much brighter compared to HID lights. Silverstar's can be found at Wal-Mart for about $40 a pair.

·
Registered
2000 ML430
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i might just go and take a look at them in Walmart since they carry them. Can I just get any H7 bulb or is there special one's for foreign cars.

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Wal-Mart should carry them, but I can't be sure. I remember they had at least 5 or so different sizes including some bi-pins, which were probably H7's.

If you want a brighter bulb, Nokya makes 80 and 100 Watt Halogens [8D], but you'll need to upgrade your wiring and fuses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts