Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have some questions and I figured someone here could help me. I own a 1985 mercedes turbo diesel which I love--and drive to and from college each day. I resently saw an ad for a 1969 220 mercedes in my local area. The current owner is only the second owner, and had the cars body restored (repainted/etc) and the car the owner only wants 1,100 dollars for it. The big concern I have is the mileage--it has 153,000 miles on it--which is a lot for any gas car (diesels thats brand new!)

How long do these cars last in terms of mileage, with regular maintance?
Are there alot of these cars around--I have only seen them in photos--do they have collectors value?
Is 1,100 dollars a fair price for a car with so many miles--and if not--how far should I try to bargan it down?
Could I expect to drive the car regularly--or will it be a high maintanance weekend only car?
thanks for your help (by the way the car is burgandy in colour)

·
Registered
499 Posts
the world record for a car in mileage terms is held by one of these,A greek taxi with 2,000,000 miles.So don't worry about the mileage on the clock.See if the seller has looked after it properly and not just covered a rusty wreck with new paint.They're great cars to drive when in good condition,it just takes time to really look close and careful to make sure EVERY THING is OK.[:)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts