Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but let me give it a try.

I'm looking into purchasing a CPO 2009 ML320 Bluetec. It has under 30,000 miles and really looks like a great car. Clean carfax, one owner - lease. I'm moving to California and I need a car that my wife can drive and hall around the dog and kid. I really like the diesel engine.

I've researched the car online, but the more I research, the more confused I get.

What kinds of things should I be looking for or asking the dealer in regards to this car? What price range would this car be in? Any reviews or recommendations from owners of the ML320 or those with Blue tec? When buying a CPO MB are there anything that the dealer provides new on the car such as tires? Full discloser, this would be my first MB and I'm a totally newbie. I'd really like to not sound like one when talking and making an offer to the dealer. Thanks for any help and advice!

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts
I would not buy an MB without CPO. The CPO inspection is only as good as the dealer that did it. I have had them at opposite ends of the spectrum good to bad. CPO info can be found on mbusa.com. 08 is last year with spare tire and before adblue fluid, 09 is first year of adblue and run flats. Thats why I went with an 08. There were minor changes from 08 to 09, mostly cosmetic, although the 09 NAV was a big upgrade from the 08. I would do a search on MBusa for CPO for 08 and 09. There are some with very low mileage. Just my .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 1997E300D! I've actually been on the MB website and that's how I found the CPO ML320 that I'm interested in. I just checked it again and right now they don't have very many 2008 M-class with low mileage. But I'll keep checking.

Anyone else any thoughts?

·
Registered
1998 E320 RWD Metallic Black; 2006 BMW 530xi; 2011 E350 4Matic Sport
295 Posts
I got one, CPO, 09 ML320 BT about 4 months ago. Just want to echo 1997E300D's post about the CPO inspection. It is a good as the dealer doing it! In my case, I got the truck with similar mileage to the one your are looking at in the low to mid $30K. However, the car was reconditioned completely. (New tires, new [air, fuel, oil] filters, up to date software, new brake pads + discs, tranny fluid flush, brake fluid flush, and some other common maintenance that I cannot recall). As far as the price goes, I would say low 30K would be reasonable for an '09 CPO ML 320 BT car.

Ask to see the CPO inspection report, and what was done to the car to bring it up to CPO standards. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1- There is no spare tire in the car. There is also no space for a spare tire in the car due to Adblue tank. This sucks!

2- The ride is a bit rough due to the crappy MOExtended tires this car comes equipped with. You can try to negotiate on a better set of tires. The Duelers will get noisier and noisier as they wear down.

3- I would suggest to get the extended CPO coverage (2 years instead of 1). I did it after the fact.

4- You have to factor in the extra nuisance of AdBlue. It is not expensive ($12 for 2.5 Gallon jug at Autozone or at select Walmarts). Filling the Adblue tank (around 8 gallons) is as easy as filling your windshield washer tank.

Other than the above and the noise with windows rolled down it is an amazing car, with great MPG, great pulling power and so far it has been great for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts